Monday, March 30, 2009

The Purpose

Few years back I was studying about moths. The male would die after it had sex and the female would die after giving birth. 

Many have asked me and I have asked many the purpose of our lives. Some say it is love, some say it is being remembered or some say its just having fun. What I am writing here may seem ridiculous to some while outrageous to others but I personally feel that the sole purpose of the human life is to have sex. Male, to have sex and female to give birth and just die. No more. That is the way every organism is suppose to behave. Its only natural. One might say that we are humans and in the sense superior to other animals/plants and should be able to justify our lives by doing something more. But look where it has got us into! Tribes in Amazon and Australia work for only 2 days a week and rest and have fun other days. The search for answers and quests has only got us into this complex mess of "organized and comfortable" world which feels nothing but comfortable. The simple answer lies in letting go. No animal thinks what its purpose is so it just does what it is supposed to do and that, precisely is its purpose. A lion eats its supper and produces baby without ever thinking why it is doing so. That though is what it is meant to do. May be we could be a lot happier if we did just that. Just give it a thought.

Agent Anderson popularly quoted in The Matrix that we humans are not mammels. We are viruses that adapt to an environment and then destroy it completely and move on to next environment to do the same. (Dunno why this is relevant but just felt like quoting it).


3 comments:

  1. "I have one life and one chance to make it count for something . . . I'm free to choose what that something is, and the something I've chosen is my faith. Now, my faith goes beyond theology and religion and requires considerable work and effort. My faith demands -- this is not optional -- my faith demands that I do whatever I can, wherever I am, whenever I can, for as long as I can with whatever I have to try to make a difference." - Jimmy Carter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purpose of human life is to have sex? Oh man, I have still not achieved my purpose in my life then.
    You've attempted to answer a question that I too pursued on for quite a long time.
    And here is my conclusion: The purpose of human life is not to ask questions about why. Why am I here? Why am I doing this or that? These questions will only bring more misery. it is important to be aware. The purpose of human life is to be aware of yourself, your presence in this environment, world, universe or ether, whatever you prefer.

    Be aware. Pay attention to everything that happens around you. Never ask what is the purpose of my life. One higher purpose could be to ensure prosperity and existence of human life on this Earth or elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe u are right about the male and female thing, but i guess we have more struggles to survive in our life, physically and emotionally...........

    ReplyDelete